apparently it’s nineteen fucking twenty
Unlike the beautiful 6-year old Jonbenett Ramsey who received coverage all over the media - every tabloid, newspaper, news channel, talk show, 7-year old Aiyana Stanley was killed by a police officer during a raid while she was sleep and her murder received very little coverage.
Police, searching for a murder suspect, threw a flash grenade through the window of her family’s apartment around midnight. According to Aiyana’s father, it landed on the couch, setting Aiyana on fire. A police officer’s gun then went off, and shot Aiyana in the neck.
Aiyana was asleep on the living room sofa in her family’s apartment when Detroit police, searching for a homicide suspect, burst in and an officer’s gun went off, fatally striking the girl in the neck, family members said.
Her father, 25-year-old Charles Jones, told The Detroit News he had just gone to bed early Sunday after covering his daughter with her favorite blanket when he heard a flash grenade followed by a gunshot. When he rushed into the living room, he said, police forced him to lie on the ground, with his face in his daughter’s blood.
“I’ll never be the same. That’s my only daughter,” Jones told.
We haven’t forgotten about you baby. R.I.P.
We haven’t forgotten.
I tried a 2-D printer once, and the paper jammed.
So now I just painstakingly re-create my paper copies by hand, like a medieval monk.
i tried using paper, but the edges crumpled
so now i just chisel my commandments into stone, like old testament god
I tried using stone, but it cracked and broke.
Now I just scream everything at passersby, hoping they’ll remember what I said so I can ask them about it when I need it.
I tried shouting things at passersby but they ignored me.
Now I emit allohormones in a gypsobelum that bonds selectively with the recipient’s hemolymph to reconfigure their bursa copulax into a copulatory canal. I can only say one thing, “I want to mate with you,” but really, what else ever needs to be said?
What Really Happened in the Congo: Belgium’s ‘Heart of Darkness’
Leopold famously said when he was forced to hand over the Congo Free State to the Belgian nation: “I will give them my Congo but they have no right to know what I have done there,” and proceeded to burn archives.
Did y’all know about this?
COSBYYKIDD is A PASTY ASS WHITE BOY THAT WAS PRETENDING TO BE BLACK.
he did it all for the attention ^^^^
GO UNFOLLOW HIM.
look at the notes
what are white people even trying to do
…. this dont seem right????
remember that naive period when the mlp obsession seemed weird but all-in-good-fun, before bronies swept the nation as the horrifying cultural phenomenon they now are
"maybe the wider than expected demographic appeal of my little pony is a bellwether for the destigmatization of femininity" — me, in 2011, being the most wrong about anything i’ve ever been in my entire life
This is so cool! But what country are they from? “Africa” is really vague.
Their names are Duro-Aina Adebola, Akindele Abiola, Faleke Oluwatoyin, and Bello Eniola and they’re from Lagos, Nigeria. There’s a neat video about them here.
boost the fuck out of this, and make sure you include their goddamn names and country of origin.
America was built on two monumental crimes: the genocide of the Native American and the enslavement of the African American. The tendency of official America is to memorialize other peoples’ crimes and to forget its own - to seek a high moral ground as a pretext to ignore real issues.
I have never seen such perfect sentences.
Do you believe biphobia is real? I got into an argument with a radical feminist who said it wasn't because the patriarchy still accepts bisexual women because the still like men, and that insisting biphobia is real prevents lesbians from gaining rights.
Bisexual women who are dating men have an advantage, which is straight-passing privilege, but biphobia does exist. The patriarchy argument is kinda right because bisexual women can be straight-passing and because some men are turned on by bisexuality, but, as just mentioned, bisexual women are constantly fetishized. The argument that men accept bisexual women, while mostly true, isn’t totally effective because bi women suffer the most biphobia from other women, especially gold star lesbians.
You were so close, yet you’re so far off the mark.
(1) It’s more than “some men” the fetishisation of bisexual women is endemic in patriarchy to imply in any way that it is some kind of privilege or is an advantage over other women is ridiculous.
(2) You cannot seperate “men being turned on by bisexuality” and “fetishised” in this context, men are turned on by the idea of a hypersexual bisexual woman, they are turned on by the possibility of f/m/f threesomes and regular sex with hypersexual women. That is not an advantage for bisexual women, that is not “liking” bi women, it’s objectification and fetishisation and that has disturbing consequences such as providing justification of sexual assault along with victim blaming, ostricisation of bi women from gay, straight and even bisexual spaces, medical abuse and forceing bi women back into the closet which results in high depression and suicide stats.
(3) Straight passing privilege, like any kind of passing privilege, is not as simple as “being accepted more” or a kind of “oppression lite”. Erasure is not a privilege, being closted by choice or by force is not a privilege, and simply being in a “straight-passing relationship” does not afford bi women any big advantages as actually being straight, the huge amount of bi women partner-abuse survivors are testament to that. Many discussions have already gone into this in further depth, along with discussiong other intersections with passing (such as race and trans issues), I suggest you google/read them since they put it much better than I can.
(4) “Most biphobia” does not originate from gold star lesbians, it is one of the sources of the oppression of bi women, but just as much originates from men and has very violent consequences. I’m also shocked that you seem to think that men sexually fetishising bi women is not a major componant of this biphobia, hell it’s roots are the same biphobic misogyny of bi women being portrayed as STI-carrying constantly sexually available harlots. You could accuse biphobic lesbians of being more vocal in their bigotry given that they don’t think this facet of misogyny is worth caring about since it does not apply to them and helps them benefit from throwing dirty bi women under the bus, but it’s not at all accurate to claim that it comes more from them than it does men in the overall system.
(5) Even saying it is “mostly true” that men accept bi women is a gross misinterpretation of bi women’s oppression, patriarchy only values bi women in that it wants to fuck, control and consume them, it is sick to even imply that this is a benefit for bi women and that the silencing of bi women over this gross oppression is somehow oppressive to lesbian rights or having it better than others in the LGBTQ+ community.
I hope your answer was just badly phrased, but please don’t phrase it like that, it’s really harmful.